CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Not Too Shabby After All

So IT happened last week. The day I have been dreading for months, nay, years now. I turned 30. Frickity frick frick. I thought I would just be all maudlin and lock myself in and watch Cocoon all day, but as a matter of fact, I had a pretty awesome birthday/birthday weekend! A recap:

My friends rallied for me on this dark day and made it really fun. My BF organized a dinner on Saturday for all of us at a new Indian restaurant downtown that was just awesome. We all laughed and caught up and had a generally great time. After dinner we went to one couples' house to play some video games. I may be one year older, but garsh darnnit, not any more mature! Somehow during the course of the evening, my BF and I agreed to go to the yearly Kite Festival at Rockaway Beach with another couple. So on Sunday, we got up WAY too early and our friends picked up and whisked us away to the beach. It was overcast, so there weren't as many kites as we hoped, but we still had a great time.


Not a lot of kites....


Mr Wonk and I.

Our friends have two awesome dogs that came with us, Stanley and Edgar. They just got Edgar the week before and he was only 7 weeks old when we went to the beach. He is a purebred Shih-Tzu and literally the size of a gerbil and just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.


Seriously cute. He practically needs bodyguards for his own safety.


Edgar, Daddy, and Stanley.

We got stopped by nearly every person out there to coo over Edgar, and there was an awkward moment when we were all pretty sure that a Japanese family was going to try and steal him.

We arrived back home about 3:30pm and were immediately invited to a BBQ by yet another couple that couldn't make it to the dinner because their babysitter bailed. we spent a few hours eating and chatting and generally having a good time. Its kinda good that they couldn't make it, other wise I would have been forced to wear this the whole night:



Yes, a princess crown with 30 on it and a blue feathered slap bracelet. Slap bracelet! I haven't thought about those in years. Granted, it wouldn't have matched my outfit, but a princess crown goes with everything! Right gals?!

I had Monday and Tuesday (THE day) off work. On Tuesday I made plans to go to the Portland Art Museum with Mom of Puppy, so we spent the morning there being followed by an over-eager security guard who clearly though we were planning a heist. We did manage to ditch him long enough thanks to a group of kids on a field trip so she could take some cell pics of the piece she was writing about for school and hauled ass out of there before we could get 86ed from the place. How sad would that be? 86ed from an Art Museum. On my birthday. We had a nice lunch and later I met my mom for some coffee and cake at a local bakery. I picked up some steaks on the way home and my BF grilled them up for dinner.

Boss Lady called while I was with Mom and let me know that I could come in half an hour late the next day, which was a very nice surprise. She generally does not tolerate tardiness of any kind. Little did I know that it was was so my team could put these on my desk:



They are literally 3 feet tall. I brought them home and Las Gatas just stare at them. But my team redeemed themselves by pitching in to get me Guitar Hero for my new Wii and also got me some pretty flowers. And I am sure they realize that all but one of them have their own birthdays coming up in the next few weeks, and there will be payback. Mwah-ah-ah!




Thanks for everything, everyone! You all made me feel special, well-loved, and very happy on my birthday!

Love,

The Wonk

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday. Turning 30 is one of life's milestone and it should be celebrated in style, and you sister, did just that. Just so you know, I had nothing to do with those big a$$ balloons.